Benefits of Membership
Alabama Giving is an association of grantmaking organizations that works to increase, promote, and encourage philanthropy by helping its members share knowledge, collaborate and advocate to improve conditions in Alabama.
Strategic Priorities: Grow Philanthropy, Strengthen Philanthropy, Ensure Sustainability
Membership is open to community, family, private or corporate foundations; grant making donor advised funds; giving circles, and all grantmaking organizations supporting Alabama charitable projects and organizations.
The benefits or value-add of membership include the following:
- Networking and interaction with others across the state that are making grants
- Learning/sharing opportunities to build knowledge, experience and capacity
- Access to regional and national philanthropic organizations and individuals interested in
investing in Alabama
- Connections to state, regional and national experts that are knowledgeable on issues
that are important to AG members
- Working collaboratively and strategically with other grant makers on issues of shared
- Access to data, research reports, policy briefs, articles regarding philanthropy
- Up-to-date technical assistance
- Visibility within the state’s philanthropic community
- Discounted fees for workshops and webinars
Alabama Giving is funded by membership dues and from Sustainability Grants from various
member foundations that are committed to the growth and effectiveness of philanthropy in
Alabama and the long term viability and success of Alabama Giving. There are also Special
Project grants provided for speakers, programs, and research projects. If you are interested in a
Sustainability Grant or a Special Project Grant, we welcome this additional support and are glad
to discuss these options and opportunities.